Performer Code of Conduct
APAC created the Performer Code of Conduct because we believe that producers, studio crew, and agents have a right to work with performers who conduct themselves professionally on and off set. The document encourages performers to take their jobs seriously while having a fun and enthusiastic experience. To that end, the items in the Performer Code of Conduct are indications to performers of reasonable producer, crew, and agent expectations when performers are hired for a scene. The code of conduct will also help new performers interact with experienced performers in a professional and respectful way.
As a performer, I will be prepared, professional, and educated in the following ways:
- I will show up on time for my shoot.
- I will be prepared for my shoot, which includes, but is not limited to, being clean, knowing my lines, and having the necessary wardrobe or anything else that you personally require in order to complete a successful day at work.
- I will be educated and compliant with the sexual health protocols of the studio I am working for.
- I will check to be sure that I, and my scene partners, have the same understanding of STD protocols and performer health on set.
- I will not be under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol.
- I will ask my scene partner their boundaries prior to performing and respect those boundaries throughout the work day.
- I will discuss my limits with my scene partner and director prior to performing and acknowledge and respect my limits while performing.
- I will be aware of how my choices outside of work affect my fellow performers. This includes but is not limited to how I protect myself during personal sexual relations and how I take care of my body, health, and hygiene.
- I will be respectful to all people in regard to race, gender, and sexual orientation on set.
- I will have a good-natured and welcoming attitude, particularly when new or inexperienced performers are on set.
- I will work toward a community of educated and unified performers.